About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mini Apple Pies... Yumm

Thanks to the pinterest world once again {I'm sure that is getting old but really the things I find on there are ever so amazing} I came across a picture of mini apple pies which looked & sounded amazing.  It brought me to this blog little bit funky and I luckily I had everything I needed on hand.  So while the older two boys were at school me & my three year old partner in baking went to work.  I cut her recipe in half since I only have one muffin pan.


Peel & core 5 green apples, cut up into 1/2 inch pieces 
{I say 5 cause I shared about an apple with my son who kept saying how great they tasted lol}




Mix the apples with:
6 Tablespoons of flour

3/4 Cups of sugar

2 heaping teaspons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg 

(I did half of 1/4 teaspoon but you can leave out if wanted)


Make sure you coat all the apples.


Next you will need one box of Pillsbury Pie crest {not frozen}
Unroll your first pie crest and cut out circles 
{a mason jar lid washed first of course works great}
Do the same with the second pie crust {save the scraps to use}


Line each muffin tin with the circle pie crest and pinch together sides so it fits nicely.
Next add the apples to each muffin tin & I found using an ice cream scooper for this part is perfect.



Add a small piece of butter to each pie then top with the left over scraps of 
pie crest {it doesn't have to be perfect}
My son loved doing this part.


 Brush with melted butter & bake at 400 for 18 to 22 minutes.  
{I started checking on them 15 minutes into baking, 
once the tops were a nice golden brown I took them out}


Enjoy & they taste really good the second day also.  I'm sure if you added 
some vanilla ice cream on top they would taste even more amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely darling! I think I want to try this with mincemeat filling for my husband.

    (p.s. I'm new to your blog. I was searching for something and came across your blog. I really love these little pies and submitted it to the Make and Takes spotlight page. I hope you don't mind.)

    ReplyDelete