About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

'Jett' has landed

So this is the first year my boys are experiencing the magic of Elf on the Shelf and so far it is one of the best traditions we have every started with them.  They never heard of it so really they had no clue what in the world was going on.  When my middle son woke up Friday morning and saw there was stuff in the kitchen he came running in my room.   I totally acted like I had no clue what he was talking about.  Told my youngest to go check it out with him & two minutes later they both come running back and at that point I had my iPod set on video to record what they were saying.  During all this my oldest was still sleeping so I said go check to see if he was up which apparently mean go wake him up to a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old.  So once all three came running back and my oldest said it's an Elf on the Shelf, I said a what? and followed them to the kitchen acting all surprised.  They had Christmas place mats waiting along with Christmas Star Wars cups and some powdered donuts, a letter from Santa himself, the Elf on the Shelf book and of course the Elf.  They were beyond thrilled, so I read them the letter and then read the book {which to me is so adorable} and after five minutes they finally agreed on his name.  'Jett' our family Elf was written in the book by my 8 yr old son and since then the Magic has begun.

I am documenting each day to share with family & friend..



Day 2:  We just moved him to the mantel before it was decorated & I never got a picture with my camera my husband did with his phone but it's just not the same.


Day 3: Okay I thought this idea was brilliant, I put him where I thought my boys would notice him right away and it was the first day he was being mischievous. He had used tinker toys to help him hang upside down and written his name upside down on the mirror with a green crayon.  Well I had no clue at 645 in the morning he would totally scare my 5 yr old son to death.  I mean he was literally screaming at the top of his lungs & ran into his room.  Apparently in the dark when something is hanging from the hallway mirror it's very scary.  I felt horrible but after he said there was something on the mirror I couldn't stop laughing. 


Day 4:  He turned our milk green and bundled up to stay in the frig for the day, they loved having green milk to drink and with cereal but I think they loved him dressed up the most.


Day 5:  This morning they woke up to see he had taken their stockings off and hung up their underwear LOL and he also made a red/green paper chain.  I think he figured we needed more Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment