About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crazy what some paint & wall decor can do

We moved here {SEVEN} months ago & it's just crazy it's been that long already yet it feels like we have lived here forever.  Not sure how that makes sense but it does lol.  Buying a house is amazing & wonderful, stressful & frustrating but the positives totally out number the stress factors and such.  We had a lot of those in the beginning.  We are slowly making the house our home cause well money don't grow on trees and re-doing anything even just painting a room can add up.   I have personally {on my own yes just me} painted the three rooms in the house that have gotten a paint job and I just love the changed.  Our entire house is the same color {except both bathroom had wallpaper Yuck!!} granted it's better then staring at white walls all day but the brownish color can get to you after awhile. To me it's dark & makes the rooms look so much smaller.  Plus I like each room to have it's own personal character if possible. 

So the laundry room, the boys bathroom/guest bath, and my older boys room {they share} got a paint job.  Both bathrooms in the house had wallpaper which I truly disliked {my husband thought there was nothing wrong with it}, I first ripped off the wallpaper in the boys which was so simple & easy.  Thanks to the advice from a friend it was smooth sailing & I thought "why do people complain about removing wallpaper it was nothing".  Then a few months later while my husband was away for a few days with work I decided to do our bathroom which is much bigger & surprise him.  Definitely was not as simple & took me practically all day but now it sits wallpaper list waiting for us to pick a color & make it beautiful.  Yes I know I totally jinx myself with the comment of it's nothing to do.


Boys/Guest Bathroom Before & After


Apparently me thinking I took a picture of the bathroom before I ripped the wallpaper off was a bad assumption cause the only picture I have is when me & my husband came to look at houses {I promise you he is not peeing loll} the before picture is their stuff before we even got it.  They did leave the mirror which I spray painted black & we need to get a new light fixture or spray paint that also i dont like gold & there is a lot of that in the house.  The wall color looks white but it's more blue-ish in color and we got a new shower curtain & rod.  Since it's my boys bathroom but also our guest bathroom I didn't want it to scream kids .  Plus our oldest son & youngest are 5 years apart so while a cute-ish bathroom set may work for a 3 year old it's totally not as cool for an 8 year old.  For now it's just simple with some color, I made the splatter paint on a canvas for some color & when I find the right wall art for the room I'll know it.  I just wasn't sure what exactly I was looking for at the time & didn't want to waste money till I was.

 Bigger Boys Room Before & After


No comments:

Post a Comment