About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

{Easy} Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Are so flippin amazing that you can't eat just one & you must share them with friends/neighbors otherwise your will eat them all yourself lol I laugh but I'm dead serious they are that good.  I found this recipe on {Pinterest} of course & what totally caught my attention was the ingredients or should I say the little ingredients it called for.  When being a mom to three wild hyper crazy{I mean cute & adorable} boys sometimes making time to bake {which I love to do, I could bake all day but cook.. not so much} isn't as often as I like cause I do love to bake from scratch when I can & with that comes more time needed.  So this huge shortcut is perfect.


Until last year I would never try anything pumpkin when I was a kid I just thought eat pumpkin {pie, muffin, etc} was ill gross & it stuck with me forever finally at {twenty eight} I tried a pumpkin spice muffin from Dunkin Donuts but not by choice.  They had messed up the order and when my husband got home I was like what the heck "where is my coffee cake muffin" that I was so craving.  So I was stuck with  the decision throw away a perfectly yummy looking muffin & waste the money or just try it, I did and it was AMAZING.  So flash foward a year later I look forward to fall time coming to get the pumpkin spice muffin from DD {which I did two weeks ago btw} but then I thought well maybe I could just make some & I bet the kids would like it {well secretly hoped}.  So I looked on pinterest & my eyes were fixed on a picture of some yummy muffins which said "easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins' only THREE ingredients needed, Say what?? 3 ingredients no way.  So I got all the ingredients & baked away.  My house smelled amazing & fallish which went perfect with the cool temperatures we were having.   My boys {even our oldest who can be super picky}, the husband, and my neighbors loved them.  They taste even better the next day & the day after.  

See I used the pumpkin pie mix the first time
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins:
  • 2 Spice Cake Mixes {the blog I got the recipe said the Duncan Hines Spice Cake is the best for this recipe}
  • 1  30-oz can of Pumpkin
  • 1  12-oz bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips {I used 3/4 of the bag}
Preheat Oven to 350.  Now for the hard part, mix both cake mixes and the can of pumpkin together.  Next add chocolate chips.  Spoon mixture into lined muffin tins & fill those bad boys up.  The muffins don't rise that much so I filled mine almost full and using an icecream scooper to me works well.

Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean. 

I made 30 muffins & they taste even better the second day {my older two even took one to school as a snack} You could even freeze the extra and put them in your lunch bags in the morning or if you can't wait that long warm it up in the microwave & Enjoy.

Now don't forget to share or even make for a party cause I'm telling you everyone will be asking you how you made them and want the recipe.  :)


{we were on our way to drop these off at our friends house when i realized i never took a picture so i had my oldest run inside & grab my ipod so this was taken in my driveway lol}

**A few people said they make them as cookies, drop tablespoons on a baking sheet & bake at 300 for 18-22 minutes,  I plan on trying that next time {well any day now as I did run back to the store a few days ago & got everything I need to make another batch}

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing and delicious! I'm def going to try this! Oh and I'm trying that bacon ranch chicken in the crock pot tonight! :D

    ReplyDelete