About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baked Broccoli

I never thought to bake BROCCOLI before.  We have boiled it & my husband has been wanting to get a steamer so we can "cook it the right way" but while on pinterest I saw a recipe for baked broccoli & all the comments that followed said how amazing it was & it's the best tasting broccoli ever.  So I tried it out last week & it was A M A Z I N G.  Our two younger ones love broccoli to begin with so they kept eating it up.  I made it last night & gave it to all our boys, even my oldest {who is anti fruit/veggie kid} said it was really good & he liked the brown spots the best {the semi burnt spots} & he is so right cause those are the best parts.

So if you have never had baked broccoli it's a must try & so easy. 

  • Broccoli
  • Olive Oil
  • Kosher Salt {I'm sure you can use regular salt but we recently became friends with kosher salt & it's what we use when we bake or grill veggies}
Set the oven to 350 & put the broccoli on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil {for easy clean up afterwards} then pour some Olive Oil {I don't measure I just pour to our liking} over the broccoli & mix it up so they are all coated then sprinkle the Kosher salt {or whatever salt} you are using & mix it up again.  Put in the oven for 20 mins and check, you want brownness on the broccoli then they are more crisp & that is wonderful.  I read others squeeze lemon juice over them once they come out of the oven but this simple way is what we love so maybe one day we'll try other variations.

{not the best picture off my ipod}

1 comment:

  1. My family only lets me roast broccoli now!!LOL Seriously, I tried it about two years ago and I can count the times we have had it served another way since on one hand! Try other veggies that way, too. Like brussel sprouts...not all that great, til you roast them! :)

    ReplyDelete