About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY Magnetic Board & Family Rules

So pinterest is ever so amazing {did I just say that again well it's true} & the things you can find on there just rock whether it be recipes or DIY projects or posters, decorating ideas, gifts, basically everything & anything.  This morning I found one DIY project that need to be done like yesterday.  A half hour later me & my partner in crime where out of the house on an adventure.  What once was an oil drip pan that I purchased at the auto part store for $9.99 is now turned into a magnetic board for our three boys to hang their art work & special papers from school on.  I love that it's at their level & then can change it whenever they want.  {if you want to do it yourself i highly recommend washing the pan first it has oil/grease on it, i just used all purpose cleaner & a paper towel.}, I nailed a hole in each corner for screws then put two anchors on the top {the bottom part of the wall wasn't having anchors go in it but the screws when it just fine}   To whomever pinned the originally one thank you cause this lady was brilliant for thinking of it, here is the link Oil Drip Pan Turned Magnetic Board.  Our is in the kitchen on our everything wall {as you can tell in the picture} the rectangle black frame has our family rules which is actually another idea I got off pinterest ;)
Our Family Rules sign that I did on word, it did take me like a half hour to do I'll admit.  Changing the fonts & resizing can be time consuming but I thought it looked wicked neat that way.  Don't you think so? {I've seen them hand painted them on wood or you can buy them through a shop on etsy just search family rules, eventually I may do one of those but my first way was free so I chose to be cheap lol but it still serves its function}, it hangs in the kitchen wall of stuff.  I just <3 it & wish I would have thought of it years ago but thanks to pinterest we now have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment