About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Lunch Ideas For The Kids

So school starts tomorrow.. YES TOMORROW {as I tell myself now breathe in & out} & with that I wanted to change things this year especially with {TWO} now being in elementary school.  Our oldest son is picky but has come a long way {if you only knew the battles & the list of what he wouldn't eat years ago till now you would be like wow} and our middle son loves just about everything & anything.  I mean that child just <3's food, or what I meant to say is that he just {ENJOYS} his food.  It's actually cute to watch him eat cause he's loving every bite of it.  Reminds of me Eat Pray Love when Julia Roberts character was truly enjoying all the new foods she was trying.  Anyways back on track so this year I wanted to get way more into healthy eating & less on the crap.  I found this amazing system called Bento Lunches which just had me amazed & I'm the adult.  I thought wow the boys would love this & I will for them cause it's healthy foods but I am not so very talented like so many others are.




See what I mean & there are a million more out there.  What child wouldn't love their lunch to look like Mario or Ferb.  They would definitely be the talk of the lunch room & kids would be running home saying "mom why can't you make my lunch like so & so" lol.   But realistically it can be time consuming which most of us 'moms' don't have enough of.  It doesn't have to be that in dept & still be cool or adorable & healthy.  The american bento {as I found on pinterest & like to say means mom only has so much time in a day but lunch can still be healthy & cool}   Take these for examples:

 



Do you see why I am so pumped & ready? just little things you can do to make lunch even better & my goal is to get our oldest to be requesting fruits or veggies like my other two do for a snack.  Hmmm can this work?? I totally have faith... so if you never heard of it google or search on pinterest Bento or Bento lunches or healthy lunches etc...

2 comments:

  1. OMG you're the third person I've seen today be all about this and I just don't get it. LOL! James would be playing with it instead of eating it. And a lot of these lunches look like they don't have enough food in them. IDK. They look cool and all but this is one band wagon I won't be jumping on. If you make some I hope you post pictures. I'd love to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you see thats why i wrote i won't be making those like the top but more the american bento way.. what i mean is the mom that barely has time in a day to pee alone so she will still make a healthy lunch just not totally rocking like those lol.... i wish i had the time & skill to do the characters & all but i totally don't. i would fail!!

    ReplyDelete