About Me

My photo
My life is with three amazing boys. Twenty12 is the year of {thirty} & I decided to make it a year of figuring out me. While I build a relationship with God, I am focused on getting healthy inside & out, have gotten addicted to working out, and I am living a Paleo Lifestyle. I attempt to cook, <3 to bake, have a passion for photography & am learning as I go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Hello!!

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 19, 2011

I Have The FALL Itch!!

Something about school starting makes me think I need to decorate for FALL & everything needs to be fallish {from candles to foods to the weather etc}.   The older boys started school on Wednesday {which btw they <3 especially our middle one who as you know started KG, the past two days he has come home & told me all about the new friends he made in his class and everything about his day.  I just love the excitement that comes from him as he talks all about it} and after I got home all I thought about was "okay it's time to decorate for fall, I could smell the pumpkin muffins like they were baking in my oven" {unfortunately it wasn't reality dohh!!}.  But to my defense it was beautiful out this week, we even woke up to temperatures in the 70's which truly isn't normal for this time of the year so for a few days it felt fallish outside.  It's still August for Pete sakes who decorates in August, I truly don't want to be known as that crazy newish neighbor who decorates over a month to early for something.   Back North when school started it was common to see fall everything {decorations, the weather, the leaves changing...} cause they start school after Labor Day only a month & halfish before Halloween {I feel that is very much typical time to start decorating for a holiday but more then that, like over two months prior then yeah you're a little crazy} but we are not we are here in the South where school is now underway in August. 

So instead I dream about it, I of course 'pin it', & I count down the days.  I think fall time is one of my most favorite times of the year, something about coolish weather with that fresh crisp smell in the air is just so amazing.  Being able to open the windows & not have the A/C running up my electric bill will make me every so happy.  To wear flip flops with jeans & a hoodie at night is the perfect combination & the fact that my boys all live in their flip flops like I do makes me {SMILE} cause they will soon be rockin that look with me.   Lighting candles with the fall smell {like pumpkin or apple cinnamon} can make any house smell yummy.  Lets not forget the fall sports with the kids, going to a pumpkin patch, on a hay ride, apple picking {which is a tradition in our house}, just being able to play outside for hours after school, go to parks or on hikes without the deadly heat and all the fall baking {delicious pumpkin muffins or homemade apple pie} & the recipes that follow{especially homemade soups & chili} to make fall time complete. 

I don't want time to fly by cause it will be here before we know it but I am truly without a doubt looking forward to Fall time & everything it has in store for us, especially living in a new state it will be a new experience of my most favorite season.   

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite season! I wish I could decorate for fall now too. But I think I would look like a crazy person since it was 105 degrees yesterday! LOL! I'll probably start mid-end of September. I've seen so many cute decorations for fall and Halloween I want to make! I gotta get a sewing machine and learn to sew though! Oh man, I'm all excited about the fall now! :D

    ReplyDelete